Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is SimpleFeed’s product?
The SimpleFeed Social Syndication Hub is a hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for creating, managing, and measuring RSS feeds, web pages, and social marketing programs on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Social Syndication Hub helps your company get measurable results from web and social sites by automatically publishing your optimal content to the optimal site at the optimal time. With Social Syndication Hub, your company can syndicate content to other websites and communicate directly with customers, prospects, partners, and other audiences.
2. We need RSS feeds. Do you create them?
Yes, we create feeds from any type of content.
3. My company has RSS feeds. What can you do for us?
SimpleFeed can do many things for you, including:
- Provide RSS analytics similar to your website analytics.
- Make feed content look like your website via templating.
- Let you create new feeds from various content sources, such as content management systems, search results, data feeds, office documents, and web pages.
- Improve the feed subscription process so you can get more subscribers.
- Offer RSS content to your channel distribution partners.
- Enable personalized feeds (“Hi Joe, thought you might be interested in …”).
- Integrate feeds with your other marketing channels, such as web, social media, and email.
- Allow you to “mash-up” various feeds.
- Protect your content via secure feeds.
- Provide best practices for feeds and syndication.
- Let you manage and measure feeds in one place.
- Give you a single point of support for your feeds.
- Provide a technology roadmap, including upcoming product features.
4. How can you help my company establish a compelling presence on Facebook?
SimpleFeed can help you:
- Determine the optimal content to publish based on your business objectives (clicks, likes, etc.).
- Automate publishing of optimal content to your timeline and the timeline of your business partners. SimpleFeed publishes content from your website, content management system, data feeds, RSS feeds, and other content sources based on rules you define. As your social customer touchpoints expand, this saves time and minimizes mistakes.
- Manually publish content to your timeline and those of your partners.
- Provide analytics on your social media programs and those of your partners so that you can report on successes and develop best practices.
5. Can you get my content to my employees and channel partners’ websites, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts?
Yes, SimpleFeed makes it easy for employees and channel partners to publish your content to their websites, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts, maximizing your content investment and expanding your web and social footprint. SimpleFeed provides analytics to measure the success of your employees and channel partners.
6. Can you get my Facebook and Twitter content and social interactions to my other marketing channels?
Yes, SimpleFeed extracts content from Facebook and Twitter, and lets you republish selected content to your website, RSS feeds, and email programs.
7. I use Twitter. What can you do for me?
SimpleFeed can do many things for you, including:
- Determine the optimal content to publish based on your business objectives (clicks, re-tweets, etc.).
- Automate publishing to your Twitter account(s) and those of your business partners. SimpleFeed publishes content from your website, content management system, data feeds, RSS feeds, and other content sources based on rules you define. As your social customer touch points expand, this saves time and minimizes mistakes.
- Manually publish content to your Twitter account(s) and/or other pages.
- Provide analytics on your social media programs so that you can report on successes and develop best practices.
8. What reports do I get from SimpleFeed?
SimpleFeed offers reports on subscribers, opens, clicks, and social engagement actions across content items, feeds, social networking sites, search strings, domains, geographies, search engines, RSS readers, and websites syndicating your content. You can drill down on reports to see the actions of subscribers, fans, and followers on a daily basis.
9. Can’t I just use my web analytics solution for RSS and social media analytics?
10. Should I be worried that I don’t have enough content?
If customers and prospects visit your website, you don’t need to be concerned. You do not need to be a media company to succeed with RSS and social media. Start by using content from the most popular pages on your website. For business-to-business marketers, this typically includes support and product information, such as white papers, press releases, and product sheets as well as social media. For business-to-consumer marketers, this typically includes new product information, community information, and sale items.
11. Can I publish content from my content management system to my feeds and social networks?
Yes, SimpleFeed integrates with leading content management systems.
12. Can I offer feeds of search results?
Yes, through a simple integration with your site search provider.
13. Why would I want to offer feeds of search results?
As sites such as Craigslist, eBay, and Google News have demonstrated, feeds of search results are among the most valuable of all RSS feeds. Experienced RSS users check these feeds first because they often have the most highly relevant content. Just as visitors increasingly rely on your site search rather than site navigation to find the information they want, feeds of search results provide greater content relevancy. By offering feeds of search results, you make every web page a content source for your RSS program. Whenever a press release, support page, product page, or other page is indexed by your site search changes, SimpleFeed automatically delivers a new content item to your subscribers.
14. How does SimpleFeed work with email?
SimpleFeed automatically imports content (parts of web pages, social content, RSS feeds, and XML files) and generates part or all of the email template. We then publish the content as HTML, RDF, and plain text to your email service provider. As a result, you can automate the email content creation process and significantly cut email costs and product time.
15. Do you offer a free version of the SimpleFeed solution?
16. Do you offer a trial version of the SimpleFeed solution?
Serious prospective customers can use a test site.
17. Can I get a demo of the SimpleFeed solution?
Yes, please submit a request here
18. Using SimpleFeed, how long does it take to launch feeds, Facebook timeline publishing, or Twitter publishing?
It can take just a few days, but most customers follow a six-week process established by the SimpleFeed implementation team.
19. Do I need to sign a contract?
Yes, SimpleFeed has a six-page contract with a one-year term.
20. Can I use SimpleFeed on my blog?
Yes, but it’s really designed for major companies with multiple distribution channels.
21. I have a small business. Is SimpleFeed good for me?
SimpleFeed typically works with major corporations. Unless your company has a very aggressive online presence, SimpleFeed may not fit into your budget.
22. How much does SimpleFeed cost?
SimpleFeed is designed for major corporations and develops pricing based on customer needs. Because SimpleFeed Social Syndication Hub is a software-as-a-service solution, it offers seamless upgrades and doesn’t impact IT organizations. Pricing includes a set-up fee (which covers customized subscription pages, feed templates, content and social integrations, and initial training) and a monthly recurring fee based on usage.
23. Does SimpleFeed integrate with Omniture?
Yes, SimpleFeed is an Omniture partner.
24. Does SimpleFeed have an API?
Yes, our customers can use our API to push content to SimpleFeed and pull content and reports out of SimpleFeed.