289 S. San Antonio Rd. Suite 204 Los Altos, CA 94022 Email: email@example.com
November 15, 2004
Internet user privacy is of paramount importance to SimpleFeed and our customers. The major goal of our service is to provide information to subscribers in a manner that puts them in control. We support the protection of subscribers’ privacy rights as a fundamental element of our business.
Information Collection and Use
SimpleFeed may collect the following information for itself and customers if available:
- Information that allows an individual to be contacted or located in the physical world — such as telephone number or address.
- Information that allows an individual to be contacted or located on the Internet — such as email.
- Unique identifiers issued by a website or service for the purpose of identifying an individual over time, such as username.
- Information about the computer system that the individual is using to access the network — such as the IP number, domain name, browser type or operating system.
- Information generated by browsing the website, such as which pages on the website are visited.
- Information generated from or reflecting explicit interactions with the wesite, such as logs of account activity, personalization interests or profile updates.
- Data about their individual likes and dislikes based on content usage.
SimpleFeed may review and change information collected on an as needed basis.
Why is this information collected?
How do we collect this information?
SimpleFeed may gather information to determine the success of its RSS marketing programs by recording which links a user clicks on and which web pages the user visits. SimpleFeed may use information collected to analyze click-through rates to various pages, or use the information collected to deliver personalized RSS Feeds.
Who has access to this information?
For information collected via SimpleFeed RSS Feeds, SimpleFeed and our customers have access to the data collected. The customer generally owns the information and SimpleFeed typically has limited rights to the information.
How long is the information retained?
SimpleFeed retains data collected for as long as each customer. Web log data may be retained for an indefinite period of time.
Do users have access to their information?
SimpleFeed does not currently provide a mechanism that allows individuals to opt out of the use of information for a particular purpose. However, RSS is a 100% Opt-in communication medium and subscribers can opt-out of the RSS Feed whenever they want.